keskiviikkona, lokakuuta 11, 2006

New Cigars

Cigars are addictive - but the addiction presents itself as a compulsory need to buy more cigars rather than smoking them.

I have heard a lot of good things of recent Habanos cigars. The Cubans have supposedly improved their processing and storage methods of tobacco leaves during the last couple of years, with the result that all cigars are now rolled of tobacco aged at least two years. The results are said to be phenomenal: 2006 cigars smoke extremely well, and show great promise for further aging. More over, all cigars are deep frozen before final packing to reduce the risk of cigar beetles.

Hearing all this made it impossible for me to resist any longer, so I asked a friendly colleague working in Geneva to pick up a box of recent Montecristo #2's for me, knowing that he would be visiting Finland.



I mailed the shop and asked them to assist my colleague in selecting the box: I did not want too dark wrappers. They seem to have followed my preferences exactly: the cigars do look lovely, and the wrappers have just the kind of colorado tone that I prefer.

I am very tempted to try one right away, but no: experience tells me that they should spend a month at least in the humidor to adjust from the trip and lose some moisture. The box code tells that the cigars were rolled in February 2006, so they are still toddlers.

Just the box of MC2's? Well, I asked and received also a second box of 1990 El Rey del Mundo Demi-Tasses - the first box has turned out to be lovely. And I also received a couple of fivers: Cohíba Coronas Especiales 2001 and Cohíba Lancero 2000's ...

Ei kommentteja: